Hasselback chicken is one of those dishes that you cook and your loved ones will think you slaved over it in the kitchen for a long time. In reality, it’s a simple dish that can be prepared in about a half-hour. Don’t worry, your secret is safe with us.
This recipe makes 2 servings. It scales well, so if you’re making it for your family, just increase the ingredients accordingly.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat until warm.
- Add your spinach and cook it for approximately 4 minutes, or until it begins to wilt slightly.
- Add the ricotta cheese and cook for an additional 1 minute and then set aside so it can cool.
- Cut slits across the top of your chicken breasts, about 1 inch apart. Be sure not to cut all the way through. Aim for about 75%.
- Using a spoon, stuff your spinach and ricotta mixture into the slits you just cut.
- Salt and pepper the chicken according to your tastes.
- Spread the cheddar cheese evenly over the top of the chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle paprika over the chicken to taste (and for color if you want to be fancy)
- Bake on the center rack of your oven for 20-25 minutes. The cheese should be melted and bubbly and the juice from the chicken breasts should run clear.
Want more recipes?
Get recipes delivered straight to your inbox by signing up for our FREE newsletter
Get Your FREE 100 Low Carb Swaps Cheat Sheet and FREE Keto Shopping List!
Subscribe to our newsletter and access your FREE downloads instantly
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.