When doing a ketogenic diet, we’re always looking for healthier ways to prepare our foods. As health-conscious people, we understand that excess amounts of processed oil is simply not good for us. So what do we do when we want things like chicken wings? Sure, we can cook them in the oven, but they never come out as crispy as they do when we make them in a fryer. Now, that is all about to change! Air fryers have the ability to cook your favorite fried foods without lots of oil. When shopping, you’ll see that there are a lot of these on the market. You may be asking yourself, what is the best air fryer for keto? Wonder no more! We’ve done the research so you don’t have to!
How Do Air Fryers Work?
Believe it or not, the crispy food that you get from an air fryer is not simply the result of black magic or some sort of voodoo. There is actually a science behind it.
At the top of the fryer, there’s an electric coil that uses dry heat to cook the food from the inside out. At the same time, a fan above the coil creates superheated air that flows around your food. Finally, the small amount of oil that you use in the air fryer is turned into a fine mist that circulates around the fryer, lightly coating your food and making the outside crispy while ensuring the inside is moist and juicy. Finally, the moisture in your food combines with the flowing hot air, which creates the necessary steam that completes the cooking profess.
Now that we have the scientific stuff out of the way, we need to get back to the important question. What is the best air fryer for keto? To find out, we tested multiple available options and narrowed them down to the five best options for your diet. So what is the best air fryer? Here were the ones we liked best:
NuWave 36001 Brio
- Digital LED Controls – The digital controls make it a breeze to cook your food while ensuring your food is cooked perfectly every time.
- Adjustable Temperature Controls – Different recipes call for different cooking temperatures, so you want an air fryer with more options that low, medium, and high. The NuWave 3600 Brio can go up to 390 degrees with the option to set it in 5-degree increments.
- Safety Basket – Since air fryers can get hot and they are often used in households with children, safety features were very important to us. This fryer contains a safety basket which must be in place for the unit to operate, significantly reducing the possibility of a burn.
- Removable Drawer – The removable drawer makes it easy serve your prepared foods directly from the fryer.
- Easy Cleaning – The cooking area of the fryer is completely dishwasher safe.
Our Rating: 4.3/5
Phillips Viva HD9220
- Unique Design – You won’t find another air fryer that looks like this one. That’s because Phillips patented their starfish design, allowing you to fit more in the basket without taking up more space than their competitors.
- Rapid Air Technology – Most foods prepared in the Phillips Viva require no oil whatsoever.
- Hassle-Free Cleaning – Both the food basket and the drawer are removable. Just toss them in the dishwasher and let it do all the work.
- Exclusive App – Download the exclusive app for free, instant access to 150 recipes.
- Cookbook – Most air fryers come with some recipes, but the cookbook included here has close to 200 recipes including everything from appetizers to desserts.
Our Rating: 4.4/5
Avalon Bay 220SS
- Higher Temperature – The Avalon Bay Air Fryer is one of the only models that heat up to 400 degrees.
- Accessories – You can buy accessories for most air fryers, but this fryer comes complete with a non-stick baking dish and a multi-use layer rack, which allows you to make more two different foods at once, saving you time.
- Automatic Safety Shut-off – Never worry about forgetting to turn off your fryer again as the automatic safety shut-off prevents your fryer from staying hot when not in use.
- Drip Basket – Your food won’t cook in fat and oil thanks to the included drip basket.
Our Rating: 4.4/5
GoWISE USA GW22631 XL
- Smart Programming – This fryer features a touch screen along with 7 smart programs, which takes the guessing out of your cook times. Prepare fish, beef, steak, chicken, and more. All at the touch of a button!
- Standby Mode – If you set a timer for cooking your food, the fryer automatically puts itself into standby mode once the food is ready.
- Button Guard Technology – The detachable basket features a button guard, preventing accidental detachment and eliminating potential burns.
- Family Sized – This air fryer has an 8.5-quart capacity, allowing it to handle meals for any size family.
Our Rating: 4.5/5
What Is The Best Air Fryer For Keto?
T-fal Actifry FZ7002
Why we loved it:
- Heavy Duty – You can cook 2.5 pounds of your favorite food at one time while using next to no oil.
- Easy to Use – Of all the fryers we tried, this was, by far, the easiest to use. It features a simple on and off switch, an easy-to-read countdown timer, and buzzer.
- Truly Non-Stick Pan – The pan is coated with non-stick ceramic, making clean up a breeze. It is also PFOA and PTFE free
- Stay Cool Exterior – No matter how hot the food inside gets, the outside of the fryer remains cool to the touch. No more burns!
- Patented Odor Eliminator – The T-fal filter uses patented technology to allow for odor-free cooking.
Our Rating: 5/5
We hope this article answered you question of what is the best air fryer for keto? No matter which air fryer you choose, you’ll be on your way to healthier eating and enjoying the foods you thought you’d have to give up while doing a ketogenic diet. Missing foods that aren’t fried? Be sure to check out these articles as well!
Get Your FREE 100 Low Carb Swaps Cheat Sheet and FREE Keto Shopping List!
Subscribe to our newsletter and access your FREE downloads instantly
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.